Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Early Sighting of Rudolph

Is it sad that I keep track of the days of the week sometimes by what challenges are posted?  I've been doing the Splitcoast color challenges for so long that color challenges are automatically linked to Tuesdays.  So here's my card for today's Splitcoast color challenge, to use Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, and Old Olive:



Yeah, there's an old stamp set!  I think this was from the first year or two I started stamping?  I think the stamp set was in my mind because I'd just used it for a baby book layout.  I was looking through my old card photos and saw a bunch with the Flannel Plaid background so I had to break that out too.  Just makes me feel cozy to look at it.

These colors were straight out of the Jolly Holiday DSP that we had a while back...umm yeah, I can't remember what year it's from.  I was putting together my card and thought it desperately needed some ribbon but somehow I am out of Cherry Cobbler seam binding (I don't know why it can't self-replicate after I buy it so I *always* have it no matter how much I use it, is that too much to ask?) but happy day, I found this quilted satin from holiday mini catalogs past and it works.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies (all SU, but a bunch of them are retired):
Stamps:  Reindeer Print, Flannel Plaid, Fancy Flexible Phrases
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Jolly Holiday DSP
Accessories:  Cherry Cobbler quilted satin ribbon, pearl, Curly Label punch

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I totally agree on the self-replicating accessories! I hate buying more of something I already had, I like buying NEW stuff! :)