Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dynamic Duo Leaves

Ok, so, my brain works in kinda funny ways sometimes.  Today's card is for a Dynamic Duos challenge, Sahara Sand and Cherry Cobbler, and as I was putting it together of course I thought of the *original* Dynamic Duo, Batman and Robin.  Which then led me to thinking about leafy superheroes, of which there are none, but maybe there should be.


I have this idea for a card that I really want to do using Gently Falling but I thought I didn't have time today and then I realized my watch was still set on Italy time and I had an hour longer than I thought I did.  But then I'd already started this one, and I like it, so maybe tomorrow for the other idea.  As mentioned above, this is for the color challenge at Dynamic Duos (Bam! Pow! Leaf Blower Activate!):


And also the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, and it was just posted today, lookit me all on the ball for this one!


Really, a Christmas card might have been the obvious way to go with those two colors, but I'm the type of person that I like to focus on one holiday at a time so Christmas doesn't show up till the day after Thanksgiving.  And I'm planning to share LOTS of Christmas cards after Thanksgiving, so I'm trying to get the last of the fall cards out of my system before Santa takes over :)

Today has been a much easier day than yesterday, and little girl dog seems to be doing well.  Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies (all SU):
Stamps:  Gently Falling, A Word For You
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Paper:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Neutrals DSP Stack
Accessories:  Paper piercing tool & template, corner rounder punch, Dimensionals (can I buy stock in those?  'Cause I use them on almost everything I make)

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card for fall! Thanks for sharing it at
Freshly Made sketches!

Karen Day said...

What an elegant...um...leafy superhero card? Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos :o)

Vicki Burns said...

I shamefully admit that I am just now making it to your blog. I love the card! i actually like these colors together.

Batman and Robin! I love the new movies, though I haven't seen the latest one. Even though it seems hokey now, I grew up watching the original TV series with Adam West and Burt Ward. Bam! Zap! Pow!

Jen Brum said...

Great card Christy! I love those colours and love those leaves! Love the ripped border! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Erna Logtenberg said...

beautiful!! Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duos challenge this week!

Tui Nathan said...

Gorgeous creation ... a great use of the sketch - love the colours and the leafy embellishments!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!