Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ok, I've never scheduled a blog post before so I hope this works : )  I had to do at least one more Gently Falling card before we start in earnest with the Christmas cards tomorrow, haha!


Check out that gorgeous champagne glimmer paper!  Woowoo!  I used one of my all-time favorite techniques, polished stone, on my leaf panel, then embossed the leaves and brayered (brayed?) over it with Early Espresso ink.  The polished stone was done with Cajun Craze and More Mustard--2 drops of Cajun Craze, 3 of More Mustard, though I think it might have been a little better if I had done a 1 to 3 ratio instead.  I pretty much always do colors that are next to each other on the color wheel because they look so pretty when they blend together.  Wonder how it would work with colors opposite each other on the color wheel...that's an idea for another time.  The hard part with stamping in Versamark on top of the polished stone is I couldn't really see where my leaves were so I accidentally overlapped a bit.  Oh well.


Just to prove that Gently Falling isn't *just* for fall cards, here's a springier version :)  This time I used So Saffron and Wild Wasabi for the polished stone and then brayered on Garden Green, which is my all-time favorite SU! green and I wish they'd incorporate it into more patterned paper (though the DSP stacks in every color are lovely to have).  The So Saffron pattern on this card is retired but I was trying to use up some scraps.

Thanks for looking and happy Turkey Day!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Gently Falling
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Versamark
    Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Versamark
Paper:  Garden Green, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Glossy White, Champagne Glimmer
     Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Night of Navy, Glossy White, So Saffron DSP (retired)
Accessories:  clear EP, Dimensionals

No comments: