Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veterans' Day

In honor of Veterans' Day today, we're going to get a little bit serious.  A little while back, I saw this sketch on a new challenge blog:


And this idea immediately popped into my head, but since I didn't get it stamped until after the challenge was over, I thought I'd save it for today.  So here is my Veterans' Day card:


The military has several traditions and ceremonies to honor fallen and missing comrades.  Ever hear of the Missing Man formation?  That's kind of what the sketch reminded me of, and that was the genesis of this card.  So today, just stop and think about the men and women who serve our country and fight for freedom and democracy in the world, and if you know one of those brave people personally, say thank you.  They will appreciate it more than you know.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Supplies (all SU):
Stamps:  Words of Courage (this stamp set now has just ONE card in its SCS gallery)
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy
Paper:  Whisper White, Regals DSP Stack (Riding Hood Red)
Accessories:  2 1/2" circle punch