Thursday, December 13, 2012

CAS Christmas Ornament

Sometimes I see a sketch I really like, and then it takes me forever to figure out what to do with it because there are so MANY possibilities.  Like the Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch that was posted almost a week ago:


Yep, love it.  I was actually pretty productive in my stamp cave today and came up with this (and a few other cards, but you won't see those till next week):


I liked how the Champagne glimmer paper reflected on the shelf under the card :)  I embossed a panel of Cherry Cobbler cardstock and then adhered it to a card base of the same color, which is something I picked up from Debra Currier (love her blog).  The card is pretty CAS I think...I added a thin torn border of Early Espresso because the Marina Mist strip just seemed to need a little something more.  The card is actually 5 1/4" across, but only because for some reason my card base was cut that way (scrap from my stash) and I didn't feel like cutting into a new piece of paper. Doubt anyone would notice if I didn't say anything about it ;)

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you're having a wonderful Thursday!

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  Tags til Christmas, More Merry Messages
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Champagne Glimmer Paper (look Ma, no DSP!)
Accessories:  Fancy Fan EF, ornament punch, dimensionals

4 comments:

Tammy said...


Very cute use of the sketch! That glimmer paper just makes the whole card!!

Deb said...

This is so sparkly and pretty! I, too, love how the glimmer paper reflects! How cool! And thanks for the shout-out about my blog! That was so sweet of you! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Sharon Wheet said...

What a fun and sparkly holiday card! Love it! And I'm a super fan of the glimmer paper. Very pretty.
Thank you for playing along with us at SFF

craftystamper said...

What a wonderful and fun take on the sketch. The champagne glimmer paper is a perfect touch against the cherry cobbler. Thanks you for joining us at SFF