Monday, January 7, 2013

Mambo Number 5

Ever since I got my spring catty preorder, I've been going through Melon Mambo cardstock like it's going out of style.  I'm totally in love with that Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP, though I didn't use any of that on the card I'm sharing today.


The inspiration for this one came from a couple of challenges; first off, one from Freshly Made Sketches


And second, a color combo courtesy of Pals Paper Arts:


Well, I like the colors and the sketch, but this isn't my favorite card ever.  I did use a new toy though--I just got that Argyle EF, always fun to play with new toys :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  Mixed Bunch, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Basic Gray
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Whisper White, Neutrals DSP Stack
Accessories:  Argyle EF plus lots o' punches--Blossom, 3/4" circle, Word Window, Scallop Trim Border

5 comments:

Jen Timko said...

This is wonderful, Christy! The pop of the Melon Mambo against the black is striking! Hmmm, I need to get a little Mambo in my stamping, it seems. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Tui Nathan said...

A lovely card Christy! Your styling is clean and fresh, and that colour pallette is so pretty!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Great work combining both challenges! The Melon Mambo just pops!

Jen Brum said...

Fabulous card Christy! Great colours...I think they're my favourites! I love that flower! Makes me want spring to get here faster! Great embossed background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Margaret Moody said...

Love your happy card, Christy! Great job with the challenge colors! Thanks for playing along with us at PPA! Hope you'll join us later this month for our sketch challenge!