Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Flashback: You're a Gem

Welcome to this week's Friday Flashback, which is the sentiment set You're a Gem.  There's a lovely selection of sentiments in this set, and they're all pretty small, and you know everything is cuter when it's little.  So let's take a look in the vault, shall we?


This card also uses Inspired by Nature for the flowers; I made it for a friend of mine who was ill.  Simple CAS layout to go with a simple sentiment.


This one went out in a care package with some pumpkin cookies.  Pretty good man card, right?

And now for today's new card:


I got the idea for the layout from a card I got in a recent swap and I'm kind of totally in love with it.  I'll probably use it again since we've got several new stamp sets with bitty images--sometimes it's hard to figure out what to do with the small stamps, so a layout like this is a fantastic help with that.  I also used some of my retired DSP, so yay!  Though I do love some of those older monochromatic patterns.  Wish they'd bring back those swirly flowers like I used on the top bit.

Wish I could have made more than one card for today's Flashback, but alas, I had to write an essay for my current class.  Only one more paper to go and this class is done!  Once my comprehensive exam is done this summer, then I'll be completely FREE of school and I can devote more time to fun things, like stamping, ha!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend!

Supplies (last card only):
Stamps:  Artistic Etchings, You're a Gem
Ink:  Crushed Curry, StazOn Black
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Basic Black, Whisper White, retired DSP in Crushed Curry and Rich Razzleberry (trying to use up some of my gigundor DSP stash!)
Accessories:  1" square and postage stamp punches, black grosgrain, Dimensionals

No comments: