Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mad Hatter Tea Party

We have reached that unspecified point in the future at which I promised to post the things I made for the tea party this past Tuesday.  :)


Here's the sign I made for the front door so guests would just come on in and I wouldn't have to run answer the door every 20 seconds.  I used the Broadsheet Alphabet for the top part, and "Come On In!" is stamped with the now-retired Sweet Shoppe Alphabet, though I wish I'd picked one that was a bit thicker letters because it kind of got lost on the sign.  The flowers are from the retired hostess set Array of Sunshine, and after I stamped them I thought d'oh!  I should have used the teacup stamp from Tea Shoppe!


I made labels for all the food and stuff using the Floral Framelits dies and Daydream Medallions stamps with some computer-generated words.  They came together really fast,  like 20 minutes to make 10 signs.


I have a bunch of little decorative jars?  flower vases? glass containers of some kind that I got for cheap at the 100 yen store when we lived in Okinawa, so I just filled them with jellybeans (the guests loved the jellybeans) and used pipe cleaners for the flower stems.

If you want to see a few more pics and get a look at the recipes I used, visit my other blog here.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: