Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Flashback: Pattern of Friendship

Happy Friday, stampers, and welcome to this week's Friday Flashback!  Today's stamp set is Pattern of Friendship, a cute little set that always makes me think of visits to the fabric store with my mom when I was a kid.  So without further ado, let's open the vault, shall we?


I can tell this is a really old picture because it's a scan :)  And it's got Cool Caribbean!  Doesn't that just look great with Elegant Eggplant and Rose Red?  The Cool Caribbean panel is stamped with the Wild Hearts background, which I totally love, and it also reminds me of fabric prints.


This one was made last year for the Dare to Get Dirty challenges on Splitcoast, I think it was something to do with sewing.  Well, I cross stitch a lot, but I can't do a thing with sewing machines, so I faked it with the sewing machine patterned paper :)


And here's today's card!  Once more, I get a teeny step closer to having completed all the Splitcoast sketch and color challenges.  I thought Dusty Durango would be a good redhead color, what do you think?  I always wished I had red hair, I never could understand why Anne of Green Gables hated her red hair.  Ha!  These dresses also make me think of Nancy Drew:  if you look at the illustrations in the old yellow spine books, she wears a lot of things that are this basic pattern.  On the covers of some of the paperback ones, she goes all '90s and wears stirrup pants.  Shoulda stuck with the timeless dresses, Nancy.

Thanks for joining me on today's Friday Flashback, hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Pattern of Friendship, Beyond the Basics (both retired)
Ink:  Basic Gray, Rich Razzleberry, Blush Blossom, So Saffron, Dusty Durango, Pacific Point, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Lovely Flowers DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Basic Gray taffeta (retired), circle & scallop circle punches, Dimensionals

No comments: