Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday Flashback: Inspired by Nature

Happy Friday and welcome to the Friday Flashback!  This week's randomly chosen stamp set is Inspired by Nature.  Let's take a look back at some previous cards I made with this set, shall we?


Ok, so, I love these giant flowers but I just noticed that I *always* do them in pink!  Had I looked back at these older photos before I did today's card, I woulda picked different colors :)


I suppose you could just stamp them all in one color like a silhouette, but I always want to do different colors with markers.


And here is the only non-flower and non-pink card in today's lineup!  I made this for my sweet hubs for our anniversary one year.  Hey, we're coming up on our tenth this October!


So I thought this look was kind of cool, with the darker shading on the edges done with markers.  So far as I know, I thought of that all by my onesies, I don't recall seeing it anywhere else.  And that's the Flashback, so here's today's card:


Again with the pink, but what can ya do :)  This was a recent SCS color challenge and perhaps I could have done the flowers in Bermuda Bay with just the centers in Regal Rose, but again I didn't realize how pink this Flashback was going to be when I made this.  And this is the first stamping I've done in over a week!  I have a LOT of catching up to do and I'm sad about all the great challenges I missed out on, but there's always new challenges popping up so I shan't be sad for long.

Thanks for joining me for today's Friday Flashback, and have a wonderful weekend!  OH, another thing to make today fun--we can order from the new Stampin' Up! catalog!!  I know I've got my wish list ready...

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Inspired by Nature, Happy Greetings (both retired)
Ink:  Certainly Celery, Bermuda Bay, Regal Rose, Creamy Caramel
Paper:  Certainly Celery, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, retired Regal Rose DSP
Accessories:  none, but I did use sponges on the card :)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Its pretty in pink! I usually used oranges. :)