Monday, May 6, 2013

Mad for Mosaics!

I said on Friday that I'd probably have some new goodies to showcase today and look at this!


I've got new stamps and new colors and new DSP to play with :D  And a punch that coordinates with the stamp set--be still my heart!  I think I'm in love.   I think this Mosaic Madness stamp set will quickly become a favorite, at least at my house--it's the kind of stamp set that you can do in just about any color combo and use for just about any occasion, so you gotta love that.

So I used two of the new In Colors on this card--Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana.  Can't wait to get my hot little hands on more DSP in the In Colors :D  I think a nice subtle pattern on the Coastal Cabana strip would take this card over the top.  The sentiment stamp is from the first My Paper Pumpkin kit...with the way our mail runs, I think I'll be getting my packages about a month after everyone in the States but at least they get here eventually.  Love that sentiment stamp.

Today's card is based on the latest wonderful Freshly Made Sketch:


Only of course I rotated it 90 degrees for my card.  I suppose I could have made this horizontal, but I liked it vertical with the mosaic pattern.

I've also been making some really excellent progress on the twin boy baby books so I'll be posting pics of those scrapbook pages here and there.  At least I'm working on those fast enough that I don't feel too guilty taking some time out to play with new goodies just for funsies :)

Hope your week is off to a fantastic start, thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Mosaic Madness, My Paper Pumpkin
Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana
Paper:  Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Quatrefancy Specialty DSP
Accessories:  Mosaic punch!!, Dimensionals

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

I DO have the scrapbooks purchased so I'll be sending those along.

Rats, it's Monday again. The weekend went too fast.

Dad and I left the Rangers' game early yesterday -- it was just too hot in the sun for us. They did eventually win!!! So they swept this particular team after losing them all to the previous team. Luck has it, though, that they are tied for first place with two other teams. Yeah, it's still early, but you never know! We got to watch Yu Darvish pitch -- he's the 6'5" Japanese ball player. Coolness.

Have a great Monday!

Amy O said...

Very cute! I love the fun, bright colors and I agree that this will be a great, versatile stamp set. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!