Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Beautiful Friend

If I go up and down the stairs between every batch of cookies I make, that counts as exercise, right?  And also, grabbing a cookie sheet fresh out of the oven bare-handed = not the best idea I've had all day.  Luckily my fingers don't seem to be burned too badly...but if they were, they'd match my sunburn from yesterday.  Yep, I managed to get sunburned in ENGLAND!  Only on my left arm and then around where the neckline of my shirt was yesterday, but it is pretty pink.

But let's talk about something more fun than sunburns, shall we?  Like butterflies!


Oh Swallowtail, you are so pretty.  This time, the gigundor butterfly is stamped in Wisteria Wonder ink that I stamped off once first to make it softer.  And then I stamped the sentiment and covered the entire panel with Iridescent Ice EP (just barely managing not to burn my fingers...again) and I'm so excited the sparkle kinda shows up in the picture!

Today's color combo is courtesy of Dynamic Duos, I totally loved these colors together:


I wanted to use Smoky Slate as my neutral, but it just didn't contrast enough with Wisteria Wonder.  Baked Brown Sugar looked good but didn't quite work with the way my card turned out, so I ended up using the trusty Basic Gray instead.  Smoky Slate and Baked Brown Sugar shall have their day in the sun sooner or later, though.

Thanks for stopping by today, hope your day is sparkly!  Mine is, I think I got Iridescent Ice all over my shirt...

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Swallowtail, Fabulous Phrases
Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, Raspberry Ripple, Versamark
Paper:  Wisteria Wonder, Basic Gray, Whisper White, retired In Color DSP (what? I need to use up more of that stuff before I buy all the new stuff or my craft room floor is gonna cave in and dump all my crafty goodness into the kitchen!  That might be more convenient for when I'm stamping and making cookies at the same time, but how on earth would I organize it all...)
Accessories:  Iridescent Ice EP, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Susie W. said...

Wow Christy! Love all that sparkle! Beautiful card. I'm so glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos this week :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Christy what a beautiful card and butterfly! The bit of sparkle is lovely. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous!! The sparkle is perfect for the butterfly!

Michelle said...

Christy, what a wonderful card! I love all the sparkle! I hope all your burns heal quickly! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos. :-)

AB. said...

Stunning!! Gorgeous glittery butterfly!! Great job. :)
Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

Vicki Burns said...

Super pretty! That butterfly is on my list. But unless I actually send my list to you, I'll never get to use it! LOL