Thursday, June 27, 2013

CreativeCrew: Inky Blocks

I'm back with another color blocked CreativeCrew project :)  This one is the last one I did for the June challenges.


I saw "color block" and I thought blocks of cardstock, which I did on another project, but there was a link to this technique of inking up bare acrylic blocks and using them as stamps.  Hey, I'd never done that before so I had to give that a shot too :)

I used four of the five new In Colors on this one, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, and Baked Brown Sugar.  The card front is actually Shimmery White cardstock but of course it's nearly impossible to get the shimmer to photograph properly :)

Been having fun with this little Simply Sketched stamp set, it's wonderful!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the CreativeCrew gallery for more beautiful creations!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Simply Sketched
Ink:  Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana
Paper:  Pistachio Pudding, Shimmery White
Accessories:  none, unless you count the acrylic blocks I used to stamp with :)

1 comment:

Vicki Burns said...

Super pretty! Gotta try this technique. I really like the look of it.