Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday Flashback: Nature's Wonders

It's time for another Friday Flashback!  This week's randomly chosen stamp set is Nature's Wonders, which was kinda like a sequel set to Perfect Petals (in fact, they share a stamp case in my craft room).  Somehow I didn't have *any* photos in my archives (haha, I have archives...somehow that still amuses me) using this stamp set so today I have rectified that situation.


First up, I used all four stamps in the set and all the new In Colors to fit in with the current Fab Friday challenge:


So the spotlight thing was kinda neat, punching out pieces of the images, but really my first idea was to use the same stamp multiple times in different colors.  And because I am an overachiever (and I'm procrastinating about cleaning my house, I'm a procrasti-chiever), I made two more cards this morning for today's Flashback.


This is the first time I've used Soft Sky in quite some time, and I think that my ink pad needs more ink (and also I'm sad because this color is just not even a zillionth bit as cool as Baja Breeze).  I was going to put a sentiment on the Soft Sky panel but then I embossed it instead so all my cards today are all-occasion cards with no words on them.


I love dragonfly stuff, so I had to use that stamp today.  The bottom two images are stamped with the new Firm Foam pads and you can see how they look different than the top two, which are the older style ink pads.  Hmm.  I like the color combo though, Coastal Cabana (ok, so I'd probably like this with just about anything), Wisteria Wonder, Smoky Slate, and Pear Pizzazz.  And I used the pinking edge in the Finishing Touches Edgelits just because I'd never used it before.

So there you have it, thanks for joining me for today's Friday Flashback!  Now I really need to clean up my house since I'm hosting a baby shower here tomorrow.  Eek!

Supplies, first card:
Stamps:  Nature's Wonders
Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana
Paper:  Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White, Venetian Romance
Accessories:  circle punches

Supplies, second card:
Stamps:  Nature's Wonders
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky
Accessories:  Fancy Fan EF

Supplies, third card:
Stamps:  Nature's Wonders
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Wisteria Wonder, Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, retired Pear Pizzazz DSP
Accessories:  Finishing Touches Edgelits, Circles Collection Framelits


Stop the presses!  I did find an old card in the archives using Nature's Wonders, it was in the Perfect Petals folder.  So here's the flashback part of today's Friday Flashback:


I can't remember if I used Yoyo Yellow or Summer Sun, but in any case both those yellows are retired and I still love Crushed Curry more.  Ok, carry on with your Friday :)

4 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

I love the punched images. They look like a close up detail photograph. Well done getting all 5 colors on your card. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Tanya said...

I really love the style you used today and the repetition! I'm going with Coastal Cabana as my replacement for Baja Breeze...but its definitely not the same.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Oh...these colors are pretty bright I think but you have made them look soft and subtle here and I love it! Thanks for playing at Fab Fri!

Brenda Myers said...

Very nice cards!! I love the spotlighting on the first one!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!