Monday, July 22, 2013

Oh What Fun!

Because I am crazy (just ask my husband, he will corroborate that statement), on Friday afternoon I decided to tear apart my craft room...specifically, the closet.  All of a sudden I had this sudden urge to purge and reorganize.  I blame the heat for making me crazy.  Or possibly it was jealousy of all those lucky people who were at Stampin' Up!'s convention last week.  Or both.

This is pretty much what it looked like when my sweet hubs got home on Friday:


I was up until around 11:00 Friday night cleaning up that mess I created.  But now my closet is more organized, I have piles of things to send to certain people plus some stuff to donate, and a weirdly large pile of things to go in the recycle bin.  Seriously, where did the recycle mess come from?

But you know what's even more fun than organizing stuff?  New stamps, of course.


Say hello to some new goodies soon to debut in the holiday mini catalog:  Festive Flurry and Christmas Messages.  Festive Flurry has four large snowflakes AND there are coordinating Framelits be still my heart!  And in the center of the snowflake I used one of my brand new candy dots.  Those are pretty fun too and you can't beat having them in every color.  (Except Baja Breeze.  Which I'm still sad about.  Baja Breeze still lives in my Subtles drawer of cardstock because I refuse to believe it's gone.)

I got the color combo from the latest challenge at Fab Friday, and at first I was going to do the Real Red panel as Whisper White with a pattern on it.  So I stamped some Whisper White with a splat from the My Paper Pumpkin welcome kit in Real Red and at first I thought oh yay that is fun and then I thought waaaaaiiit it kinda looks like blood spatter on snow.  Like a horror movie set at Christmas time.  So I swapped that out for plain red cardstock and now my card is normal and not all twisted horror movie.

So, now that you all think I'm crazy too, here's the challenge logo from Fab Friday:


Our weather widget says it is currently 90 degrees here, which wouldn't be so bad except for the part where no one in England has AC.  Clearly I need to stamp more snowflake cards in an effort to think cool...

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Festive Flurry, Christmas Messages
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Real Red
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Whisper White, I Am Me DSP
Accessories:  Festive Flurry Framelits, Dimensionals, Brights Candy Dots

1 comment:

Amy O said...

What a fun Christmas card! I love the giant snowflake,and that sentiment is so fun. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!