Thursday, July 18, 2013

Victorian Flowers

Howdy folks, hope your Thursday is going okay.  I'm still trying to get back in the stampin' groove but I'm having a lot of trouble focusing this week.  Don't know what the deal is.  Anyway, here's a card I made on Tuesday that was *supposed* to be a warm-up card before I started on swaps and instead ended up taking me *hours* to finish.  But I think it's kind of okay?


I started out with this week's Splitcoast color challenge of Crisp Cantaloupe, Wisteria Wonder, Baked Brown Sugar, and Very Vanilla (which, if you ate wisteria, sounds kinda like a meal right there...) and paired it with last week's SCS sketch, though I modified that into a regular A2 card instead of square.  I cut a circle out of the DSP with a Framelit and then stamped my image on the Very Vanilla layer that's behind the DSP, kind of something fun and different.  And then somehow I stamped the not-flower bit on the right UPSIDE DOWN so I had to stamp it on scratch paper and then adhere it on top to hide my mistake.  Whoops.

Anyway, I have got to go get my holiday mini swaps in the mail; as it is I'm not 100% sure they'll make it to the swap hostess in time.  They for sure won't if I don't get them mailed off today.  Tootles!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Field Flowers
Ink:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Wisteria Wonder, Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding (sponged around the flowers)
Paper:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Wisteria Wonder, Very Vanilla, Venetian Romance DSP
Accessories:  Circle Framelits, Dimensionals

No comments: