Monday, August 5, 2013

Bermuda Snowflakes

I think my Internet has a case of the Mondays today, it's really slow.  I mean, slower than normal, 'cause no matter what the commercials say, British Internet is not fast.  Probably doesn't help that I've been uploading tons of pictures to Winkflash for the past week, I'm probably sucking up all the bandwidth for Norfolk County.

But I persevered to post this card today:


You really can't tell from this picture, but it's very sparkly IRL because the whole white panel is covered with Iridescent Ice EP, which is notoriously difficult to photograph.  I got the color combo from Create with Connie and Mary:


And the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


And if I don't get ready right now I'm going to miss my class at the gym, so ta-ta for now.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Festive Flurry, More Merry Messages
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Versamark
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Whisper White, Winter Frost Specialty DSP, some old retired DSP scraps for the flags
Accessories:  Iridescent Ice EP

9 comments:

Tanya said...

That's a fabulous winter idea! Bermuda works well! :)

Deb said...

What a fabulous idea to use these colors for Christmas! I hadn't thought of that! And I love it!! And I can imagine how gorgeous the Iridescent Ice EP must be! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Amy O said...

What beautiful snowflakes! And I love the font on that sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

The colors with snowflakes totally works! Such a pretty card and the dsp is perfect. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

Mary Brown said...

Oh these colors worked perfectly for your Christmas card...very contemporary feel! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Margaret Raburn said...

Oh wow, a gorgeous Christmas card in the challenge colors! How beautiful the Bermuda Bay looks for Christmas cards! I can only imagine how gorgeous the iridescent ice is IRL! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge!

Melissa Davies said...

I bet that Irridecent Ice is so shimmery/glittery in real life! What a fantastic non-traditional color selection for the holidays! Thanks for joining us in the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

Connie Babbert said...

I love Iridescent Ice, so I bet this is gorgeous in person with all the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

I really like how you combined the two challenges. Great sketch and it works perfectly with the snowflakes. This is a pretty card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!