Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Flashback: Blossoms Abound

Mornin', folks!  Welcome to this week's Friday Flashback.  Today's not-so-randomly chosen stamp set is Blossoms Abound, and when you get to the end of the post you'll see why I couldn't resist picking this stamp set today (usually I draw names at random).  Let's flash back!


So I first got this stamp set during the first year that SU! had In Colors, and this uses Cranberry Crisp which is a fantastic name for a color.


And here it is again in Vintage Violet.


Trying something different here with the lacing up the side.


And here's some kinda nonstandard colors...I think I like this better in blues, purples, and pinks.


Oh hey look, it's blues, purples, and pinks!  I quite like these two.

And now for today's card, let's make it a giant picture:


I'm mixing old and new here; this is the maiden voyage for Label Love.  I sponged the flower panel though it's hard to see in this picture.  The sketch is Freshly Made Sketches' 100th challenge, which is a repeat of their very first sketch:


And the color combo is from the Color Throwdown:


And now you can see why I so wanted to use Blossoms Abound today!  I love this color combo and that inspiration pic is gorgeous.

Happy Friday friends, and have a great weekend!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Blossoms Abound, Label Love, Teahouse
Ink:  Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Cottage Wall DSP
Accessories:  Artisan Label punch, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Vicki Burns said...

So, so pretty! Love the stamp, love the colors!

Linda said...

Such a lovely card. Love the flower.

Karen M said...

Such pretty cards and fab use of both of the challenges. Love your style! x

Melody said...

Pretty card! That is a beautiful stamp. Thank you for playing with us at CTD.

Lori said...

Just beautiful! The stamp is perfect for this week's colors. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Joan Ervin said...

All your cards are gorgeous!!! I still have some Cranberry Crisp paper and ink!!!! I especially love your newest version...what a great layout and you have used the colors beautifully!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!!

Joan Ervin said...

All your cards are gorgeous!!! I still have some Cranberry Crisp paper and ink!!!! I especially love your newest version...what a great layout and you have used the colors beautifully!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Loved seeing all the different colors using this great retired stamp! Perfect image for the throwdown colors! So happy to have you play along with us!

Cindy Hall said...

I love seeing all the ways you've used the stamp set and different ways you've embellished it. All gorgeous cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!