Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Squish

Ready for a bit of a giggle?


We're going waaayyyy back in time with today's layout; these pics are from early 2004, when hubs and I lived in Florida (FYI:  since we got married in 2003, we've lived in Florida, North Carolina, Okinawa, and England, with a few months here and there in Texas--guess you could say we're semi-nomadic).  When hubs and I met, he had this really loud low-rider black Chevy truck (seriously, I could be in the back of our 3rd-floor apartment with the radio on and *still* hear it when he pulled in to the parking lot).  Since I name all my cars (what?), I asked him what his vehicle's name was, and he said, very deliberately, "It's...Truck."  And then poor Truck got squished before we'd been married a year.

This layout actually came together really quickly.  Funny story:  I bought the Well-Worn Alphabet stamps when they first came out with this scrapbook layout in mind, and only just now did I actually scrap it.  Better late than never, right?  Hubs said he thought I was working on Japan scrapbooks...well, the advantage (and disadvantage) of being so far behind on scrapbooks is that I can skip around to whatever catches my fancy.  And today it was the story of poor Truck's demise.

As for my goal of 100 non-baby book scrapbook pages for 2013, I'm now at 36 (I have several I haven't shared here yet).  If I counted the baby books, I'd be at 96.  Well, I gotta keep on truckin'!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Well-Worn Alphabet
Ink:  Whisper White craft, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Brilliant Blue, Sahara Sand
Accessories:  1/2" and 3/4" circle punches

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Its a great layout! Sad story...I can empathize. :)