Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Flashback: So Happy For You

Happy Friday everyone!  Today's Friday Flashback stamp set is So Happy For You, and I admit when I pulled that stamp set name I thought "uhh...what?"  Obviously not one that has gotten a lot of use at my house, but it was a Sale-a-Bration stamp set in 2011 so at least it was free?  Today's Flashback actually has no flashback part as this is its maiden voyage...


Sorry the colors in my photos are a bit off today; not sure what the deal is but I took a pic of another project using Pumpkin Pie cardstock and it came off looking like Real Red on crack.  So on this one, the stripey pattern is Melon Mambo, not some eye-searing shocking pink monstrosity.  It looked better IRL than it does in that picture, and I still wasn't thrilled with it; I thought I should have switched out the Crumb Cake and Basic Black layers.

So I did some card surgery.


Well, it's a little better, but I still think this Flashback is a bit of a dud.  It happens sometimes, and not every card can be as awesome as yesterday's (I really like yesterday's card, so anything else was bound to pale in comparison).  I think the *idea* for today's card was okay, but my execution is off.  To change the card, I peeled off the black polka dots and stamped the chevron pattern on Whisper White and stuck it on there, though the proportion of the black piece was a little better.  Instead of trying to peel apart the layers under my main image, I colored the Crumb Cake cardstock with a black marker.

At any rate, I'm gonna shake this one off and go try to work on something else.  Have a great weekend, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  So Happy For You, Bodacious Bouquet, My Paper Pumpkin (the chevron stamp was from a couple kits ago, forget which month)
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake, Basic Black
Paper:  Whisper White, Crumb Cake, retired Melon Mambo & Basic Black DSP
Accessories:  Deco Label Framelits, Circles Collection Framelits, Dimensionals, Rhinestone

No comments: