Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday Flashback: Best Yet

Happy Friday and welcome to this week's Friday Flashback!  Today's featured stamp set du jour is Best Yet, a cute little set of six greeting stamps that was a hostess set back in 2008.  I thought the Splitcoast gallery for this set would be pretty small since usually cards get filed under the name of the image (i.e. flowers or whatever) rather than the name of the sentiment set, but if you click that link, the Best Yet gallery is huge!  So let's flash back.


Made this for hubs for our anniversary one year : )  The grass is from Inspired By Nature.


That was a weird sketch challenge, lemme tell ya, and it was before circle Framelits but I tried to get it to look right.  I love this sentiment stamp to make cards for babies or little kids.  The flowers are from Eastern Blooms, and the background is my favorite Bella Toile.


Eastern Blooms again and another baby card.  And every color on this card is retired except for the white.  Harrumph.


And this was a first birthday card for the daughter of a friend.  It matched the colors in the outfit I got her, which included a tutu because what one-year-old girl doesn't need a tutu?


How about a cool blue and white Christmas card?  The Scandinavian Season Christmas tree was stamped with Bashful Blue craft ink (retired, wah!) and embossed with Iridescent Ice for some sparkle.


Ooookay so that "little someone" stamp definitely wins for most used in this set, right?  The bear is from Bundle of Joy, awesome baby set.

And here's today's card:


Lemme just pat myself on the back for coming up with that color combo:  Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Rich Razzleberry, and a bit of Midnight Muse (I tend to use any really dark color kinda like a neutral).  The flowers are from Bodacious Bouquet (another longtime fave) and I lightly sponged the flower panel with some Pink Pirouette ink to make the bit with the sentiment stand out a little bit more.

The sketch is from Retro Sketches:


I LOVE this sketch.

So that's it for me today, I kinda want to go start on another scrapbook layout.  I've already got probably four or five layouts done that I haven't even shared here yet, I'm on a roll!  Thanks for stopping by today and have a great weekend!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Best Yet, Bodacious Bouquet
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Strawberry Slush DSP
Accessories:  Curly Label punch, Dimensionals

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I LIKE it!

Anxious for my Friday to be over with. For some reason, I've been tired all week. I'll NEED a weekend.

Love you!