Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday Flashback: Merry

Welcome to this week's Friday Flashback!  Since yesterday was Thanksgiving, I'm now ready to do more Christmas cards, so expect some Christmas-riffic Flashback posts for the next month.  Today's featured retired stamp set is Merry.  Let's get started!


This was our 2006 Christmas card; if I remember right, the word was stamped with Real Red craft ink and embossed with Iridescent Ice for some sparkle.


When we lived in North Carolina, I worked at the central office for the local school district, and the man who ran my department loved to wear Christmas ties all through December--he had enough different ones to just about do a different Christmas tie every week day from December first through till Christmas Eve.  So I made this one for him!  (You can tell it's a tie, right?  Right?!)


This was for a sketch challenge...the background is Wild Hearts, which always makes me think of going fabric shopping with my mom when I was a kid.


I did a one-sheet wonder with Simply Circles in red and green and made a slew of different Christmas cards.


I kinda miss Gable Green and Green Galore.  Well, Gumball Green is pretty fantastic, but it's not the same.


Another sketch challenge, and I like purple for Christmas cards.  Ready for the new projects?  I made two scrapbook layouts to complete this week of scrappiness!


The top left picture is not sideways; hubs is laying on the ground while my dad's dog Ginger "attacks" him.


The pictures are from Christmas Eve 2003, just a few months after I married my sweet hubs.  Yay for scrapping 10-year-old pictures!  (I told you I was behind on my scrapping.)

Thanks for stopping by today!  And if you're out taking advantage of Black Friday sales, be careful out there.  People be crazy!

Supplies, scrapbook pages only:
Stamps:  Merry
Ink:  Certainly Celery, Real Red, Night of Navy
Paper:  Certainly Celery, Real Red, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Dashing DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: