Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nachos: Winter Trees

Happy Tuesday!  Are you ready for a great sketch challenge from the Nachos?


Super simple and easy to work with!  Here's what I did:


What's funny is that two other Nachos used that exact same stamp this week!  I hadn't used Lovely As a Tree in such a long time, too.  I just had to laugh when I saw how often these trees showed up this week.

For the background, I scribbled Pool Party and Pistachio Pudding markers on a large acrylic block, misted with water, and then stamped it on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I had to do it two or three times before I got one I really liked, I like how this one looks like crayon scribbles.  I let it dry completely before I stamped the trees and sentiment with Island Indigo.

So go see what the other Nachos have done with this sketch, then get to your own stampy station and show us what you've got : )  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lovely As a Tree (a.k.a. The Set That Will Never Retire), Express Yourself
Ink:  Pool Party & Pistachio Pudding markers, Island Indigo ink pad
Paper:  Island Indigo, Very Vanilla, Venetian Romance DSP
Accessories:  Subtles Candy Dots

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I LOVE the crayon-scribble background! Very cool!
And seriously- that stamp set is never going away...! At least its versatile! :)

CCsMom said...

I like the background, too! Very cool!