Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Happy Hanukkah!

I have a good friend who is Jewish, so when Stampin' Up! had their 25% off sale in October and one of the discounted stamp sets was Jewish Celebrations, I grabbed it to make cards for Sarah and her family.  Up till now, my only Hanukkah stamp was one teeny-tiny "Happy Hanukkah" from Fancy Flexible Phrases.  Anyway, here's my first card with the new stamps:


I kind of wish I'd picked a different print for the bottom part of the card, those snowflakes are so large and so much is covered up by the main image panel that you probably can't tell they're snowflakes.  But the card came together very quickly thanks to the latest challenge from Unscripted Sketches:


It's been a while since I played along in their challenges.  Well, after taking last week off from crafting to make tons of baked goods for Thanksgiving, it kinda feels like it's been a long time since I played in *any* challenges.  Things are still crazy because it's December, but I'm gonna try to do a few challenges here and there.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Jewish Celebrations
Ink:  Island Indigo
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Winter Frost DSP
Accessories:  Circle & scalloped circle punches, Dimensionals

7 comments:

CCsMom said...

I like the colors -- nice and bold and the stamp set is really neat! Good job!

Tanya said...

The snowflake print goes really well with the scrollwork on the menorah (?) and the top paper is fantastic for this card!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super lovely!!! I love the colors and the designer papers that you used in your design! Wonderful Jewish Stamp set! (Way to go SU!)

Thanks so much for adding this lovely card creation to the Sketch it Saturday Gallery on the Unscripted Sketches Challenge Blog. So awesome that you could join us - hope that you visit and play along again soon!

dstandard said...

Such a beautiful card - lovely! Thanks for playing at US!

Anonymous said...

So nice of you to make this card for your friend! The bottom panel looks good; makes it less "snowflake" and more "neat pattern with pretty color" :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I could totally tell they are snowflakes! Lovely blue you used. Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! I hope you will join us next week!

Yapha Mason said...

Absolutely gorgeous Hanukkah card! Great use of that DSP.