Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Daring Adventure

Wow, was it nice to get back in my craft room yesterday!  I'm somewhat astonished by how fast chaos crept in there though, especially given that I wasn't hardly even in there at all for a couple of weeks.  I did see my girl dog Sadie in there several times, so maybe she was the agent of chaos, hmm.  Anyway, I made a new card!


One of my friends is moving to Germany next month, and she asked if I could make some "we're moving" cards for her.  That "daring adventure" quote is Sarah all over (and, in fact, this is the whole reason why I bought Daring Adventure when it hit the clearance rack, I just didn't get to make her a sample until now), so I hope she likes this. 

I think I'm in love with the color combination of Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, and Island Indigo.  The mappy background has a bit of Pistachio Pudding and Pool Party on it--I scribbled on my largest acrylic block, misted, and stamped it on the white cardstock to give a soft watercolor background.  After it dried, I stamped the map on top in Island Indigo...I kinda wish the watercolor part was a leetle bit stronger but what can ya do.

Do you like the layout?  I do.  It's a slightly tweaked version of this week's Mojo Monday sketch:


And since both Daring Adventure and World Map are new additions to my collection, I think this counts for the SUO Challenge to use new toys.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Stamp happy, peeps.  I plan to do just that today!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Daring Adventure, World Map
Ink:  Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, Island Indigo
Paper:  Island Indigo, Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding DSP
Accessories:  Deco Labels Framelits, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

What a fantastic card! Love the use of color and the sentiment is perfect for your background stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges :-)

CCsMom said...

I DO really like this! And what an appropriate quote!!! Perfect for you nomads. Can't wait to see YOUR cards in July.

Tanya said...

I love the watercoloryness! Clever and a fun touch! And these are two of my fav stamp sets! :)

Connie Babbert said...

Very fun and appropriate card for your friend! That IS a great color combo! Thanks for playing along with the Fun with New Toys Challenge over on SUO Challenges this week!

Karen Barber said...

SUCH a great card…..could be used for male or female, love it!