Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Flashback: Heard from the Heart

It's Friday again and that means it's time for another Friday Flashback!  Today's randomly chosen retired stamp set is Heard from the Heart, a lovely set of 4 sentiment stamps; I love the mixed fonts.  So let's do the time warp again!


The butterfly on this one is from God's Beauty, which was a hostess set and though I like it, this was its solo voyage.  


The cupcakes are from Crazy for Cupcakes, and the background flourishes and flowers are from Priceless.


Here's Morning Cup and a slightly weird layout...it was a sketch challenge.  I think my card looks a little unbalanced...like the main image and the stripey bit should be larger to balance out the polka dots.  Oh well.


The main image on this one is from Serene Spring, another one hit wonder hostess set.  I made this one for a swap.


Pretty Peonies in orange...


And a monochromatic Upsy Daisy card.  You know what I just noticed?  There are four stamps in the set but I've only ever used two of them!  I didn't go back and look at my previous cards before I did the new card for this week, so that "wishes" stamp is making yet another appearance:


The flowers on this one are from Array of Sunshine, by coincidence yet another hostess set.  This little birthday card will be going out in the mail to a sweet friend today :)  I used the latest Unscripted Sketches challenge for my card:


When I copied down the sketch to take with me into my craft room, somehow I didn't draw it square so my card is the standard A2 size.  I used a striped pattern instead of cutting out lots of strips for the background panel, I think that still keeps to the spirit of the sketch.

That's it for me today, folks!  Have a great weekend!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Heard from the Heart, Array of Sunshine
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie,  Garden Green
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Rainbow Sherbet DSP
Accessories:  Labels Collection Framelits, Dimensionals

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I think my favorite one is the first one -- the butterfly on it is GORGEOUS! And I just love the colors. 2nd is the 2nd card, actually -- looks so fun.