Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Graduation Day

So I've been doing this thing where I draw slips of paper out of a hat (actually it's a Tupperware container, but same idea) for what to scrap next, which is why my pages have spanned from 2003 to present for the last few months :)  This time I drew my brother's college graduation in 2004, so here it is:


I cut up the graduation announcement for the left page so that I could show both the front and the inside of it.  For the right side, I found an image of Pistol Pete online (he's Oklahoma State's mascot) and took it to a local print kiosk and hat it printed as a 4x6 photo, and then cut it out.  It was just the accent I needed for these pages :)


For this one, I included the newsletter my mom wrote at the time (it was sitting in the page protector in my scrapbook for 9 1/2 years!) and then did my own journaling about our t-shirts.  They all say I'm Adam's Sister, I'm Adam's Mom, I'm Adam's Girlfriend (though now she needs one that says I'm Adam's Wife), etc.  Hubs' was funny, his says I'm Adam's Brother-in-Law but it's so long that the ends of the text kinda don't show up.  I just did pics of us all goofing off on graduation day...the pic on the bottom right is in the university bookstore, where one of the staff members made his own "shirt" from a plastic bag worn like a bib and bearing the legend "I'm Adam's Cashier".

Not only are these pages finally done after languishing for 9 1/2 years, this is also the maiden voyage of an old stamp set called Occasionally!  I think maybe it was a SAB set years ago?  Or maybe a hostess set.  Anyway, I've never liked it too much but it seemed to be perfect for this so it finally got used, hurrah!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Occasionally
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Brilliant Blue, Basic Black
Paper:  Tangerine Tango textured, Brilliant Blue, Basic Black, Whisper White, retired Basic Black DSP
Accessories:  corner rounder & small star punches, scallop square dies

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I love it, love it, love it!!! So much fun that day! Looks like it, doesn't it? And there you have our whole family.

Love you!