Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Night at the Oscars

I swear, this week is going faster than it should.  I keep thinking today is Tuesday!

On Saturday, I spent some time working on this scrapbook layout:


This was from my friend Chris's wedding reception in 2004.  The theme was A Night at the Oscars (because Chris is a big movie buff and also an actor) and it was ridiculously fun.  Each member of the wedding party was announced at the reception and walked the red carpet to the tune of his or her own movie theme song (I particularly remember the theme from Rocky for one of the bridesmaids); the guests were invited to line up along the velvet rope and play paparazzi and take pictures.  This layout is just the first half of my pictures, including the usual cutting the cake, champagne toast, first dance, and garter/bouquet tosses.  Stay tuned for the sequel which involves some slightly less usual activities for a wedding reception : )

In the meantime, thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, all SU:
Stamps:  None
Ink:  Basic Black marker
Paper:  Real Red, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Night & Day DSP
Accessories:  large & small star punches

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I'm sure people are STILL talking about that wedding! Very nice layout, too. It keeps right with the theme. Love the colors!