Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Flashback: Floral

Time for the Friday Flashback again already!  This week's randomly chosen retired stamp set is just one stamp, the background Floral.  Back in the day before I had tons of patterned paper and embossing folders and such to play with, I used background stamps a LOT so today's Flashback is longer than like the last three put together (no wait, four flashbacks, I looked), and I didn't even post all my previous cards with Floral : )  So let's flash back with a visit to the archives, shall we?


This one features an old favorite, Roses in Winter, plus It's Your Birthday for the sentiment.


One of my favorite color combinations ever!  Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, and neutrals.  Main images on this one are from Eastern Influences (another favorite of mine).


 Flower and definition stamp on this one are from Bloomin' Beautiful.


A nice springy card with the morning glories from Morning Soft and sentiment from Warm Words.


Main image from Perfect Petals, "wish" from Small Script.


Here's a more autumnal take with a hummingbird from Spring Song and a second background stamp, Sanded.  I like this card but I wish I could move that sentiment up onto the main image panel--it would have fit just fine underneath the bird!


And here's something a bit different, I stamped the floral pattern with a contrasting color on light cardstock instead of doing tone-on-tone like I did with everything else.  So that's it for the flashback part, here's my new card:


This time I wanted the Floral stamp to take center stage, so I stamped it with Versamark and embossed with Early Espresso powder, then colored with an Aquapainter.  You can't tell from the picture, but the white bit with the sentiment is popped up from the card base, and then the butterfly is popped up again from there so it's multidimensional.

I used the colors from Dynamic Duos' Triple Threat Week:


So there you have it!  I've done nothing but flowery cards (and even a floral scrapbook layout) for over a week now, so I promise that next week I'll have at least two non-floral projects to share.  In the meantime, have a great weekend!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Floral, Best of Butterflies, Fancy Flexible Phrases
Ink:  Versamark, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, Elegant Eggplant (because pansies have to be purple!)
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Whisper White, retired Wild Wasabi DSP
Accessories:  Early Espresso EP, Circles Framelits, Artisan Label punch, Dimensionals, random ribbon from my stash that's probably not SU

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

There's something rather antique-looking about the new card. I LIKE it! And that butterfly is gorgeous.

Going to dinner with Adam tonight as Adrienne is in New York City. Going to take another outside look at their new house, too. I need to see how far it is from ours. I know it's more than twice the distance that his other house was. Boo hoo!

Pretty weather anticipated today and tomorrow and then cold, rain, windy yuck on Sunday. Maybe that should be my house cleaning day.

Have a great weekend!

Tanya said...

Wow! They're all beautiful cards and I LOVE that you colored the flowers for your new card!