Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Butterfly Smiles for the Nachos

Howdy friends!  Are you ready for another awesome color challenge courtesy of Nacho Average Challenges?  I hope so, because here it is:


I thought these colors would be perfect for a little boy birthday card and then...I did something totally different instead : )


I went kinda CAS this week; it's hard to tell in the picture but there's a touch of Marina Mist ink on the little tiny spots along the outside edges of the butterflies' wings.  The butterflies were embossed with black EP for a nice crisp look (and also because then I don't have to worry about the black ink bleeding when I watercolor).

Stop by the Nacho blog to see what beautiful projects the rest of the design team has cooked up, and then give it a whirl yourself.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Best of Butterflies (only available until March 31!), Happy Day
Ink:  Versamark, Pumpkin Pie, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi, Baked Brown Sugar (on the butterflies' bodies, if you were like "umm...where?")
Paper:  Whisper White, Marina Mist
Accessories:  Black EP, rhinestone

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

I LOVE monarch butterflies. This is so cool. They always take me back to when we first moved into our house on Carmelita Way (I was 6). There was an empty lot next to our house and it had milkweed in it -- LOTS of butterflies stopped there and I'd go to "study" them. LOVE IT!

Tanya said...

This is GORGEOUS!