Monday, March 3, 2014

Copper Clockworks

Guess what?  Today for the first time in over a week, I'm sharing something that's not remotely floral.  I posted a Clockworks card a while back, and my mom liked it so much she asked me to make one for my uncle's birthday in colors to coordinate with something she made for him.  So here's what I did this time:


She said oranges & browns, but I have some old copper EP (long retired by SU!) and thought it would be great for the pocket watch, so I used the copper instead of any orange.  I used up a bit of my stash of Brushed Copper cardstock (love that stuff, wish it hadn't retired) and a few copper brads.  The inside of the card is lined with Very Vanilla and stamped with the gears like on the envelope.  Great thing about clear mount stamps--I put all three gears on one block and then just had to stamp twice instead of six times : )

Hope Mom likes my redo!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Clockworks, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Versamark
Paper:  Early Espresso, Brushed Copper, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Copper EP, copper brads, Dimensionals

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Super!!!

Tanya said...

The copper is a great touch!! I love this card for a guy! :)