Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Flashback: Garden Collage

Not quite sure how I did this, but I managed to draw the names of under-used former Sale-a-Bration stamp sets two weeks in a row...today's featured stamp set is Garden Collage from way back in 2005.  So here's the mini flashback:


Yep, that's it.  There are only three stamps in this set, one of which is a (still-unused) sentiment, but I did use the other image for today's brand new card:


I didn't set out to make a sympathy card, it just happened that way.  Probably a good thing though since I hate making sympathy cards when something comes up that I need them, I would prefer to have a couple in my stash.  Anyway, I started with this week's SCS color challenge of Marina Mist, Pistachio Pudding, and Always Artichoke, and then I ended up with the Thoughts & Prayers sentiment when it was just what happened to fit the best on the banner that I'd already die cut : )  For the background, I embossed Pistachio Pudding cardstock with the Lacy Brocade EF and then lightly sponged some Marina Mist ink on top.

I did a mirror image of this week's challenge from Freshly Made Sketches:


I had to do it that way because of the direction the bird was facing, it woulda been weird to do it the same way as the original sketch.

That's it for me this week, I hope y'all have a lovely weekend.  It's been nice weather lately and I've been stuck studying boring things that will be completely useless to me once this stupid test is over : (  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Garden Collage, Thoughts & Prayers
Ink:  Early Espresso, Pistachio Pudding, Marina Mist, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride
Paper:  Pistachio Pudding, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Venetian Romance DSP
Accessories:  Banners Framelits, retired Marina Mist button, linen thread, Lacy Brocade EF

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

I really don't think they'll be completely useless . . . I have faith.

You have a wonderful weekend. Love you!

Tanya said...

This turned out absolutely lovely and perfect for a sympathy card. I agree completely- stock up when you don't need them. :P
Good luck on the test!!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow these are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing one at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Such a pretty card! I love that soft green! Great colouring! Love the embossed background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!