Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Flashback: Going Out in Style

Happy Friday, peeps!  The Mad Hatter tea party was at my house last night and I think it was a success.  Today though my feet still hurt and so does my back from all the running around like crazy that I did yesterday!  But here I sit with a nice mug o' breakfast tea and a yummy cream scone with strawberry jam.  And a small piece of apple bread.  And a mini lemon tart.  Gotta get rid of some leftovers, and I haven't even looked at the dozens of mini cupcakes yet.

Anyway, in honor of the Mad Hatter theme from yesterday, today's not-randomly-chosen retired stamp set is Going Out in Style because it features hats!  So let's go.


Yep, hats.  I believe I made this for my SIL for a graduation, but it's been a number of years now.  And that was all I had in my archives for this stamp set, so here's my new card:


I think this lady needs a stamp that says "Fabulous, Darling!" but I love that quote about well-behaved women too.

That's it for me this week; I think I'll be spending the weekend washing loads of dishes from the tea party :)  Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Going Out in Style
Ink:  Versamark, Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Raspberry Ripple, Blushing Bride, Pool Party, Early Espresso
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Island Indigo, Whisper White, not quite sure what DSP since I found it in my scraps
Accessories:  retired 5-Petal Flower punch, Petite Petals punch, large rhinestone, Dimensionals, Early Espresso EP

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh, that woman reminds me of Aunt Wanda. There are some "characters" in our family and it makes it all the more interesting and fun. LOVE IT. I also like your hat card. It's fabulous! Love you!

Tanya said...

Aw, super fun! :) And I liked your tea party pics too! :)