Thursday, April 24, 2014

Lovely Field Flowers

I've got another retiring flower set to feature today, so here's Field Flowers:


I really want to not like Blushing Bride (I preferred Pretty in Pink) but it keeps showing up in color challenges and then I have to begrudgingly admit that it looks okay and that makes me slightly grumpy.  But I love the Perfect Plum and Wild Wasabi so only a little grumpy.  The colors are courtesy of Color Throwdown:


And the sketch is from Fab Friday:


I challenged myself to make this card in 20 minutes yesterday before I had to leave the house for a haircut appointment (it took 22, so not too far off).  If I'd taken more time then I would have spent more time thinking about the layer placement--I just don't like where that Blushing Bride layer ended up on my card.  For the rest of it though, I think it ain't half-bad for such a fast card!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Field Flowers
Ink:  Wild Wasabi, Perfect Plum, Blushing Bride
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, retired Perfect Plum DSP, retired Twitterpated DSP (yay for using up some scraps!)
Accessories:  Deco Labels Framelits (yay for these NOT retiring!), Regals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

Well, I like it. I think the colors are gorgeous together and the stamp set is so neat -- very detailed and kind of looks like pictures from an old botany book, you know? Coolness!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Christy. Love the lovely flowers and the way you used the colors. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Tanya said...

I totally agree on Blushing Bride. Not my favorite shade.
I have loved everything you've made with this set- I so should have gotten it! :)

Marla Reed said...

I really love this color combo! It is perfect for your lovely spring flowers. This card is perfect for this time of year. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

Well done on that color combo! It works well with Field Flowers...don't stress over the BB layer; looks great to me! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!