Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wish Upon a Star

I don't know what the deal is lately, but I've been having a hard time making cards that I really, really like.  Except I did like yesterday's card.  But anyway, here's a new one for today:


I used a Splitcoast color challenge--Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay, and Midnight Muse--and I can't help thinking that Soft Sky looks kinda dishwatery and this card would be better with Baja Breeze.  Because everything is better with Baja Breeze.

I'm afraid I didn't quite do justice to the Seize the Sketch challenge:


Well, I gave it a shot.  And the only way to get my mojo back is to keep trying, and since I post here five days a week I don't get any time to slack off (especially since that stupid exam used up almost all of my draft posts while I was too busy studying to create stuff).

Thanks for stopping by.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Simply Stars, Perfect Pennants, Positively Chevron
Ink:  Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay, Midnight Muse
Paper:  Soft Sky, Midnight Muse, Whisper White, retired Bermuda Bay DSP because I'm still using up scraps
Accessories:  retired star punches, Dimensionals, corner rounder punch

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

Anything with stars (or hearts) -- I'm a sucker, what can I say. I do like it -- and I do like the fact that it's stars and NOT patriotic colors. But yeah, I do STILL like patriotic colors, it's just that this looks great in these colors.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great paper choices and I too like the stars.
Thanks for joining us at STS!

Unknown said...

This is lovely Christy. I love how well the patterns complement each there and the stars really add that something special. xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the pattern mixture with the sketch - Thanks for joining in with STS!

AmandaPaper said...

The top star is really neat, and I love the color combo.

jessica said...

Beautiful job on your card! Love those stars and great color combo!
Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at Seize the Sketch!