Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Inspiration

Mostly it seems like I do sketch and color challenges, but I really like inspiration challenges too.  Sure, some of the color challenges come with a photo of whatever inspired the color combo, but I like these kinds of inspiration challenges:


Just realized this is my second inspiration challenge this week!  This one is from Just Add Ink, and here's what I did:


I won't lie, I wish I had the gold vellum already printed with the chevrons :)  My embossing powder got a little messy on the chevron panel.  The larger flower and the sentiment are also gold embossed.


Still hard to tell, but you'll have to take my word for it.  I used a retired Glimmer Brad from when Pear Pizzazz was an In Color; I figured it looked close enough to a darker shade of Pistachio Pudding.  The other whozit (I can't even remember what these are called?) was a freebie added to a Paper Pumpkin kit a while back, otherwise I probably wouldn't own them.  My post office is SO picky about anything dimensional going through the mail.

I also used the latest sketch at Clean & Simple:


I really like their sketches but haven't played along over there in a long time; sometimes I feel a little ADHD with so many challenges out there to choose from.

Hope y'all have a lovely day.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Secret Garden, Positively Chevron, Perfectly Penned
Ink:  Versamark, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White
Paper:  Pool Party, Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White
Accessories:  Secret Garden Framelits, lots of Gold EP, Dimensionals, retired Glimmer Brad, is it called Boutique Details?  I don't even know.

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

Well, that's appropriate for today. This card should go TO YOU!!! Congrats on passing the exam! LOVE IT!

And you know me -- I LOVE chevrons. Otherwise, why on earth did I make upteen afghans and baby blankets in the chevron, or "ripple" pattern?!!! Coolness. Very pretty card and I love the colors together. Isn't that wedding cake just the neatest design ever?

Tanya said...

I like all the embossing- it looks great! Good color choices too!

chera said...

Fantastic!! Love the chevron and the bright colour for the flowers!