Thursday, December 18, 2014

Sneaky Peek

I'm taking a break from Christmas cards today, 'cause I got my Occasions mini/Sale-a-Bration preorder on Monday afternoon and I wanted to play with some new goodies.  Behold!


Meet Lotus Blossom, a new SAB stamp set available for free with a $50 purchase starting in January.  Unless you're a demonstrator like me, in which case it's available now for those of us with instant gratification issues.  It's a photopolymer set and the flowers are comprised of 3 different stamps; I didn't line them up completely right but it's pretty close even without the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig.

I admit, I had some trouble with this card because I *didn't* start with a sketch challenge.  I just cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock and kinda went with it from there and had to figure out everything as I went.  But I did use the color combination from The Color Throwdown:


I interpreted this as Mossy Meadow, Blushing Bride, Strawberry Slush, and Baked Brown Sugar.  Coulda been Christmasy, but I chose not :)

Thanks for stopping by today, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lotus Blossom
Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Blushing Bride, Mossy Meadow, Baked Brown Sugar
Paper:  Strawberry Slush, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White, All Abloom DSP Stack
Accessories:  Fancy Fan EF, Dimensionals

7 comments:

CCsMom said...

I saw that stamp set in the Sale-A-Bration flyer and thought it was lovely. LOVE your card. Love the effect this stamp set creates, too. Super.

Kim said...

Such a pretty card Christy!! I love the flowers. The dp was a nice addition as well as your embossing. Nice job on the CTD.

Cindy Beach said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Christy! LOVE how you used the images and colors, and added a bit of soft sponging for texture. It's so beautiful.

Lori said...

Beautiful design! You did a great job with those two step flowers. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Wanda Cullen said...

WOW, this new multiple stamping flower is so gorgeous! Perfect choice with the current throwdown colors!

Vickie Z said...

Love the layout and those flowers are gorgeous! So glad you played along with us at CTD!

loyaz said...

Love this card - thanks for sharing