Thursday, January 1, 2015

Let's Start Off Amazing

Sounds like a plan for 2015, right?  I hope this year is amazing.


I used some new stuff for today's card.  The "you" is from the same set of Thinlits I used on Tuesday's Happy New Year card, and this time I used the matching stamp set, which has alllll kinds of words to mix and match with the Hello You Thinlits.  You could even cut the "s" off the "thanks" die cut and have "thank you" in die cut letters.  But anyway, I also used the brand-new Birthday Bash specialty DSP (the Night of Navy swirly piece) along with some of the soon-to-be-gone All Is Calm silver patterned paper.  Kind of love that swirly pattern though, and even better there's another paper in the pack in that same pattern but with several colors.  I'm kind of totally crazy about patterned paper even though I haven't been scrapping nearly enough since we moved to Bama.

But anyway, I used the color challenge from Pals Paper Arts:


Love. It.  I kind of want an outfit in these colors.  Well, the silver could be jewelry, but a shirt in Night of Navy and Wisteria Wonder would be awesome.  My card took me a while to make because a.) I was talking to my mom on the phone and b.) I haven't made anything in over a week because we were out of town for Christmas, so it takes some time to get the mojo back ya know?

I also used the sketch from Sketch Frenzy Friday:


Buuuuut I kind of supersized the layers.  Umm, at least all the sketch elements are there?

Anyway, I think I'm overdue for some veg time in front of the TV...the hubs and I have been watching old episodes of Grimm :)  Cheers peeps, and happy new year!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Crazy About You (coming soon in the Occasions mini!)
Ink:  Wisteria Wonder (I need to invest in the Firm Foam pads, I wasn't happy with how my old-style felt pad inked up the stamp), Night of Navy
Paper:  Wisteria Wonder, Night of Navy, Brushed Silver, Whisper White, All Is Calm & Birthday Bash DSP
Accessories:  Flower Medallion punch, Banners Framelits, Hello You Thinlits, Regals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is lovely! Beautiful job with the colors! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Diana Eichfeld said...

Such a pretty card and I love how you combined the sketch challenge and color challenge, I love the double up. Thanks for playing along with this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge!

Unknown said...

Very sweet card, Christy! I, too, am loving the new products. Thanks for including the PPA in your stamping fun this week!!

Patrice Herrera said...

I love everything about this card! What a fun color combination. Thanks for joining us over at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Kim Innis said...

Thanks for playing with us this week at Sketch Frenzy. I love your card. It's a great interpretation of the sketch, and the colors are wonderful.

Terri said...

Great card & color combo. Loving the new stuff coming out. Thanks for creating with us over at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

CCsMom said...

Wow, beautiful. Anyone would be THRILLED to get that in their mailbox!!! Super.

Shannon Jaramillo said...

Such a great job of combining the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with PPA this week :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Christy! You make it appear that the color palette and sketch were make for one another! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Anonymous said...

The is beautiful, Christy! You've made it look like the color combo and sketch were made perfectly for each other. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!