Monday, March 16, 2015

Big Wild Goose Pagoda

Scrappy Monday once again!  Hope your weekend was better than mine; I did something to my back on Friday (no idea what, I was fine when I went running but then all of a sudden after that my lower back started to hurt) so I've been hobbling around like an old crippled lady all weekend.  I think it's getting better though.  But let's talk about something more fun, like scrapping pictures from China!


Click the pic to see it bigger, and if you want to you can see the original pictures here.  This 7-story pagoda (or pagonia, as Missy would say) is near the city of Xi'an; I still have to do pictures from the pagonia's peony garden.  Seems like I've done several layouts of late with shades of red for the page base, I'm digging the Cherry Cobbler on here.  That patterned paper was my favorite bit of the Paisley Petals pack; there was quite a bit of it that I wasn't over-fond of but this one I liked.  Unfortunately, I used up every scrap of it I had left on the first layout, so the second pagonia layout got a different Paisley Petals pattern:


It's still okay, but I kinda wish I'd had just a leetle bit more of the other pattern.  Anyway, you'll notice I used my favorite bitty dragon from Ancient Asia on my journaling block :)


And there's my color palette:  Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Barely Banana, Old Olive, and Basic Black.  Really, on the second layout I could have added Smoky Slate to the palette since it figures prominently in the pictures.

I'm quite proud to say that I'm now over the halfway mark for my scrapbook page production this year, I'm at 54 pages.  Might actually make it to 100 this year, woot!  Cheers, peeps!  I've got more scrappin' to do.

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  Rough Type Alphabet, Ancient Asia
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Barely Banana, Basic Black, Whisper White, Paisley Petals DSP
Accessories:  lettering template

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

GORGEOUS photos. I do like the 2nd paper also, though. It does look oriental. LOVE IT! And of course red is great for Chinese photos because it is part of a lot of their decorating.

Thoughts by B and M said...

Some of my favorite pictures were at the pagonia ;). I love it! Miss yall!!!!!