Thursday, March 5, 2015

Lovely Amazing Butterfly

As advertised, it is much cooler out today--in fact, according to my phone, it was 18 degrees warmer first thing this morning when I went running than it was after noon when I took my dogs for a walk.  Not raining as much as expected though.

So anyway, let's have a bright fun card for today, shall we?


I continue to love the Butterfly Thinlits, they are awesome.  The trick is to run them through the Big Shot with some waxed paper between the cardstock and the die, and to run it through twice to ensure it's all cut out.  For this card, I did that and then used the waxed paper cutout as a mask on my card front, so I still have a perfectly good butterfly die cut to use later.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


Though obviously I made it an A2 card size.  And then I couldn't resist the inspiration photos at Just Add Ink:


I suppose I could have used some retired Pool Party baker's twine, since the bit of blue in the butterfly photo is much lighter, but the Bermuda Bay twine was more accessible.  I got it a few weeks ago when it was one of the Weekly Deals from Stampin' Up! and I like the brighter pop of Bermuda Bay with all that Melon Mambo.  The sentiment I used is from the new photopolymer stamp set Lovely Amazing You.  I love the one that says "I love you more than chocolate" but it's a pretty select group of people that I could send a card like that to.  I do love my chocolate.

Anyway, I'm off to go work on a scrapbook layout and enjoy being in a nice warm house.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lovely Amazing You
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black (kind of in love with it), Melon Mambo
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, retired Melon Mambo DSP but I was using up scraps
Accessories:  Butterfly Thinlits, scallop border punch, Bermuda Bay baker's twine, rhinestone

7 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Gorgeous! I love that masked butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

CCsMom said...

I always loved that scalloped edging. Very nice. Makes me want to get into my own craft room. But I have some sewing I need to do first.

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Christy. Great work, making that waxed paper do double-duty; the effect is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just lovely Christy! I love seeing different uses for new products - the masked butterfly adds a fabulous effect! Thanks for joining us at FMS and JAI this week!

Patrice said...

Your masked butterfly is utterly gorgeous Christy. Love the ink splatters across your card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Anonymous said...

Great idea to use this as a stencil - so many ideas for these Butterflies - totally agree with you, I love the Butterfly Thinlets too. Chantell JAI

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a lovely inking effect Christy...A beautiful use of the inspiration. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.