Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Happy Spring

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  It sure is spring here in 'Bama, we've had quite a few thunderstorms the last several days.  I actually missed them when I was in England; I like a good thunderstorm.  So anyway, let's go for a spring card today:


Yep, these bright colors make me happy.  They're kinda like Baylor colors, so I think I know who I should send this to :)  I used the sketch from Retro Sketches:


Here I thought I had a good handle on the sketch and was following it pretty well, but somehow I ended up with the larger border on the bottom of my main image instead of the top.  Whoops.  I tried!

I also used the inspiration photo collage from Stampin' Celebration!:


This might be the first time I've ever played along over there, though I've lurked for a long time.  I just loved that one pic of the daffodils, those definitely remind me of England.  In the springtime, daffs would pop up all over our village, including our backyard.  Good thing they pretty much take care of themselves because I've got a black thumb.  I do love flowers, though!

Anyway, that's it for me today, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Petals
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green, Whisper White, Trim the Tree DSP Stack
Accessories:  Hello You Thinlits, On Film Framelits

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

With the letters, I LIKE the larger border on the bottom.

Very springy colors and they just all look super nice together. Great job!

Tanya said...

I really like it! Snowy day here and this shot of spring is just right! :)

wendi said...

Love everything about this card, the colors you chose, the painted petals flowers and stems, even the die cut greeting! Gorgeous! Thanks for including Stampin' Celebration in your inspiration!

OttawaMom said...

Such a cheerful and happy card!! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampiin' Celebration!

Unknown said...

Love the stamp set you chose... it's perfect for this challenge! The perfect spring card! thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!