Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Plum Birthday

Howdy, peeps!  How's your Wednesday going?  I actually got up early (for once) and got some things done on the computer this morning, which means I can spend the afternoon either playing in my craft room or working on some stitching :)


I just loved the latest color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary, but I missed the cutoff for it by ten lousy minutes.  Dangit!  Here it is anyway:


I think Perfect Plum and Sahara Sand are both under-utilized in color challenges, and I do love them paired with Mint Macaron.  Yay.  I can still enter this card at SUO Challenges since I used a butterfly...yeah, the only hard part of that challenge was choosing *which* butterfly image to use!

I also used a sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping:


Fantastic sketch.  Between that and the color challenge, my card took like ten minutes to make.

Anyway, before I start my hectic afternoon schedule (ha), I'd better grab some lunch.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Basics
Ink:  Perfect Plum
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Perfect Plum, Whisper White, new Mint Macaron DSP
Accessories:  Butterflies Thinlits, Circles Framelits, Dimensionals, pearls

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

That Sahara Sand had a purplish tint to it on my computer. But picturing what I know it to look like, I really do like that color combo.

Hope you've been having a very nice afternoon. I'm fixin' to leave early as I worked through lunch. Going to dinner with the A Team tonight. Love you!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love your lacy butterfly and this gorgeous color combination! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Margaret Raburn said...

Christy, I'm sorry you missed the CCMC color challenge this last week : ( but your card is just adorable! I too really like these colors together! Glad I just popped over and got to see it!

Natasha said...

Beautifully done!!

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty...I do love that color combination and that lacy butterfly! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Butterfly Challenge this time!

Julia said...

I'm glad you choose the lacy butterfly - it's so sweet - especially with these lovely soft colours. So glad you joined in the challenge at SUO!