Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Flashback: Choo Choo

Howdy, folks!  It's time once again for a Friday Flashback, and this week's stamp set is Choo Choo.  Let's take a look, shall we?

Also features Big Deal Alphabet

I've done a few name frames, but not a lot.  The ribbon is actually the denim ribbon SU! sold a few years ago, it's not black like it looks in the picture.

Also features Loads of Love

A friend of mine wanted to use the Choo Choo train to make Christmas cards one year so this was the idea I came up with to help her out.  The packages from Loads of Love are sized just right for this train :)  But that's all the archives had to offer, so let's look at today's new piece:


It's a baby book layout from the books I just finished.  My friend the mama asked for one layout to document all the twins' milestones like first tooth, first laugh, etc. so this is what I made.  I thought the train was cute and slightly punny with *mile*stones and I used some patterned paper that kinda reminded me of train tracks a little bit.  The white tags with the stars aren't stuck down, so mama can use them to label each picture if she wants or she can choose to only write on the journaling block.  Options.


And there's a closeup of the train.  The animals are from the stamp set I Dig You, which comes up on another baby book layout (but I didn't use the animals on that one).  I got the new Basic Black ink pad from the holiday mini catalog and it is a nice crisp black!  And non-smeary.  Love it.


There's my color palette:  Crushed Curry, Real Red, Pacific Point (I tried Coastal Cabana first but it just didn't work), Basic Gray, Soft Suede, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, and Whisper White.  Of course a few of those colors are only used on the train but hey, they were used.

That's it for me this week, peeps.  We're going to the baseball game tonight, woo!  Cheers!

Supplies, baby book layout only:
Stamps:  Choo Choo, I Dig You, Banner Blast (small stars)
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Real Red, Pacific Point, Soft Suede, Basic Black, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Real Red, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Confetti Celebration DSP
Accessories:  Sizzix alphabet, medium star punch, key tag punch

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I AM impressed!!! You already have your Friday post up and it is EARLY!

LOVE THESE COLORS!!! Very good job, Kik!

Wow, am I tired today. I am glad this step challenge is winding down and I can go back to 10,000 steps/day. If I maintain that, I still get points. And we're moving desks at work. SO MUCH JUNK!!! Glad I moved a few months ago because I already went THROUGH everything.

Love you!