Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Flashback: Whimsical Words

Happy Friday!  Are you ready for a new Friday Flashback?  The retired stamp set du jour is Whimsical Words, which was a Sale-a-Bration set back in 2010.  Let's go!

Also features Great Friend
I like that "small wonder" stamp for a baby shower card, I think it's appropriate but a little different from your typical baby card sentiments.


I made this one for a swap; this is the year that Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, and Crushed Curry were new In Colors.  Still love that Razzleberry Lemonade DSP.

Aaaaand that's all the Flashback, but I'm doubling the size of my personal Whimsical Words gallery today.


I found a sketch I liked and then went through my retired DSP scraps until I found some pieces I liked, and then I put together this (also intended as a baby card) and this:


I used this basic color combination on a layout in the twin boys' baby books, and I like how bright and cheerful it is.  Though now that I look at it I think maybe I should have made the card base Tempting Turquoise instead of Daffodil Delight.

Anyway, here's the sketch from Just Add Ink:
So that's it for me this week, peeps.  Today's task is to get the baby books boxed up and shipped out to my friend, so I'm going to go get started.  Cheers!

Supplies, pink & red Small Wonder card:
Stamps:  Whimsical Words, Best of Shelli
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Bella Rose DSP
Accessories:  Circles Framelits, Dimensionals

Supplies, A Thought Away card:
Stamps:  Whimsical Words
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Tangelo Twist, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Beyond the Garden DSP
Accessories:  Circles Framelits, Dimensionals

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

Loverly!!! LOVE the colors. Oh, that one card with the polka dots would be SO CUTE for Adrienne. She LOVES polka dots.

Hope you are having a wonderful Friday. I am ready to get this weekend started!!! Love you!

Jan said...

I love your Flashback idea Christy - all of your cards are lovely and I do remember the DSP on your first card too! Your polka dot card is such a sweet baby shower card - just beautiful! And the last card is a beautiful colour combo for your scrap booking and makes a lovely thinking of you card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Christine Blain said...

Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Just Add Ink this week, Christy. Your sweet "small wonder" card would indeed be perfect for a new arrival in someone's life. Just lovely.

KimB said...

Goodness the DSP was giving me SU flashbacks Christy but in a good way! Love your idea of placing the sentiment in the circle really makes it front and centre. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Anonymous said...

I agree - I recognised that DSP straight away.....so many wonderful project made with it. And it's lovely to see that is still happening. I love your little soft stamped heart. Chantell JAI

Shona Chambers said...

Beautiful use of the sketch and love the colour combo, its gorgeous! So glad you joined us at Just Add Ink this week!