Thursday, November 12, 2015

Go Ahead, Make My Day

So I was working on a scrapbook layout yesterday (which you'll see in a couple of weeks I think, I'm starting to build up steam on scrapping) and I just really had to use the bear from Thankful Forest Friends to make a Baylor card.


The hubs and I are both Baylor University grads, but to both my mom's (HI MOM) and my friend Missy's (HI MISSY) dismay, we're not like total rah-rah obsessed with all things Baylor.  Though when the weather is cool, I wear a Baylor fleece or sweatshirt almost every day, and when we painted the upstairs bedrooms one of them got painted green and the other one light yellow (close enough to gold to make Missy happy).  If I could figure out how to make this bear stamp do sic 'em bears, I would, if only to hear Missy shriek with glee.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the other reason I wanted to use Thankful Forest Friends, I found a new challenge called What Will You Stamp?  They pick a Stampin' Up! stamp set every week and you make a card with it.  I can get on board with that.


Nice idea for a challenge, and different from all the color/sketch/inspiration challenges out there.  I like it.

So anyway, this Baylor bear is off to get her hair cut.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Thankful Forest Friends, Vintage Leaves, A Dozen Thoughts, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:  Delightful Dijon, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Garden Green, So Saffron, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Leaflets Framelits

4 comments:

Thoughts by B and M said...

One of your best cards ever! SIC EM BEARS!!!!

CCsMom said...

AWESOME, Chris. LOVE the colors! Great card.

Amy O said...

Looks like a dedicated Baylor Bear card to me! Love how you've worked these colors and the bear into a card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Card Bomb said...

Haha! Sic 'em bears! I love that! Congrats on your win over at What Will You Stamp for this card. I'm really looking forward to hopefully seeing more of your fantastic work...starting with being our guest designer?
Haha! Thanks again for playing along with us!
-Maria