Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thankful Leaf

Hey peeps!  I am currently procrastinating about cleaning house :D  But I really do need to get in the basement and clean some stuff out.  It's a little crazy in there right now, that always happens when I've been creating a lot.  Creativity breeds chaos in my craft cave.

But it also produced this:


I did that thing where you take an acrylic block and scribble on it with marker, spray it with a bit of water and then smoosh it on watercolor paper.  The Calypso Coral ended up being much lighter than the Mossy Meadow ink, so I got out an Aquapainter and painted on some more coral to even it up a bit.  Then I dried it with my embossing gun and then embossed the Lighthearted Leaves giant leaf on top in gold.  My colors today are thanks to the Color Throwdown:


Preeeeeettttttyyyyy.  I used gold, Calypso Coral, and Mossy Meadow and somehow managed to only use those colors and nothing else :)

I also used the latest sketch from Fab Friday:


Instead of the stitching, I used a gold doily.  And my main image ended up being so large that I left off the pearls...and I didn't do that one extra background layer.  But I think I still kept the spirit of the sketch?

This also fits with the current Paper Players challenge:


I was looking for an excuse to use that gorgeous "Thankful" stamp from Six Sayings, don't you love it?


The embossing on the sentiment shows up a little better in this pic, though the leaf looks a little washed out.  It's one of those cards that I think looks a little better in person.

Anyway, I really do need to clean that basement, so cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lighthearted Leaves, Six Sayings
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Calypso Coral, Versamark
Paper:  Mossy Meadow, Calypso Coral, watercolor paper
Accessories:  gold doily, gold EP, Leaflets Framelits, Dimensionals

11 comments:

CCsMom said...

Wow, Kik -- that IS gorgeous. LOVE the colors and that "Thankful" stamp is beautiful. LOVE it with the swirls. Great job!

CCsMom said...

And I agree -- creativity breeds messiness in the biggest way. I have one big mess going my own self -- several projects at once and the creative mess has merged 3 projects into one covering TWO tables. How does THAT happen?!!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, this is gorgeous! I love the gold embossing and the gorgeous left! Just perfect for our challenge. So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Amanda Mertz said...

Pretty! I like the soft look of the colors on the leaf paired with the gold! The sentiment couldn't be any more perfect! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

laurie said...

Love the gold embossing! What a sharp fall card. So happy to have you join us this week at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Christy! That leaf lends itself to so many techniques and colors! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Love the gold embossing with the gold doily - it really pops off the green background. Fabulous card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Brian King said...

Great combination of these challenges! This card is gorgeous - could that sentiment be any more beautiful? You used it well. I'm so happy you played along with this Fab Friday sketch challenge. Thanks!

Wanda Cullen said...

So elegant! Love that beautiful leaf in the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and colors!! Love your watercolored leaf and all that gold:) So glad you joined us at CTD!!

Jodi Collins said...

Just GORGEOUS! LOVE the soft colors on the leaf, and the gold sentiment! Thanks SO much for playing along with The Color Throwdown!