Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Cinderella's Baby Shower Invitation

Hey, y'all.  How's it going?  I got up with a headache today and I don't have time for that nonsense.  I'm kinda starting to get into last-minute panic mode with the baby shower, considering I have several projects left to do and I leave next Thursday.

At least the invitations were done and sent out weeks ago.


So I'm one of the hostesses for my sister's baby shower, and we're doing a Cinderella theme.  I thought the Birthday Bouquet paper in the Occasions catalog would be perfect for that, and when I was looking for something in my tub o' non-SU stamps I found a Disney castle.  So I put some glitter on it.


After making more than two dozen of these, I also had glitter all over my floor, my craft table, and my dogs, not to mention myself (I'm not even joking, I had to take a shower to get it all out of my hair, how did it even get up there?!).  The entire castle panel is embossed with Iridescent Ice and I would swear off the stuff entirely if it wasn't so darned pretty.  The "It's a shower" is from the long-retired set Something to Celebrate, so we're mixing old and new with non-SU.


The invitations are folded along the top, so on the inside I stamped Cinderella at the top and all the shower details went on the bottom.

Well, I have to get some packages ready to mail at the post office (seems like I was just there yesterday...oh wait, I was!) and I have all those other projects that I need to get to work on.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Something to Celebrate, Disney stamps
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Pool Party, Mossy Meadow, Versamark
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, Thick Whisper White, Birthday Bouquet DSP
Accessories:  Ovals & Labels Framelits, Iridescent Ice EP, large heart punch, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Tanya said...

It's cute!! :)

CCsMom said...

Great job, Kik. I am sure you will get everything done. And if you don't, I can help you once you get here!!! Can't wait!