Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Flashback: Season of Friendship

Ya know, sometimes when I do Friday Flashback posts I'm surprised that I don't have more in the archives for a particular stamp set that I like.  Maybe the archives are incomplete, or maybe I just don't use some things as much as I think I do...whatever the case, today's Friday Flashback is all about Season of Friendship.


The tree is one stamp, and then there's the triple leaf stamp, a snowflake, a bird, a flower, and a sentiment to round out the stamp set.  It takes a while to Stamp-a-ma-jig all the leaves on the tree, but I like the effect.


Another baby book layout, different month and different colors but otherwise pretty similar.

Also features Holidays & Wishes

And here's a Thanksgiving card.  To my surprise, that was the extent of the archives, so here is today's new project:


Rather than leaves, I went for something wintry this time.  I saw that sentiment in Ray of Sunshine and I thought it was just the thing for my little cardinal in the snow.  And I loved that when I cut up the Real Red patterned paper, you can see "love your face" and "love this life" on the bit I used.  They have some good words and phrases on that paper, I love it.

I had to have another hack at this week's Freshly Made Sketch since I wasn't a fan of yesterday's dud.


And my wintry card also fits in with this week's Retro Rubber Challenge:


And for this challenge I have to say how long I've had the stamps...well, Season of Friendship has been in my collection since at least 2008, considering that's the date on the card in my Splitcoast gallery.  Work of Art and Ray of Sunshine are both over a year old too, so all three stamp sets qualify by their rules :) 

I think this is a cute little pick-me-up card, and I know just who to send it to, so I'm going to go do that right now.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Season of Friendship, Work of Art (ground), Ray of Sunshine (sentiment)
Ink:  Soft Suede, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Crushed Curry
Paper:  Bashful Blue, Thick Whisper White, Real Red DSP
Accessories:  None, it's a totally flat card!

10 comments:

CCsMom said...

I DO like those trees -- even the one WITHOUT leaves. Reminds me of when I'd ride home with Mimi and would see knarled trees along the road without leaves and the sun setting through the branches -- LOVE that!!!

Debbie Mageed said...

Great winter card! Your tree is what ours look like here in Michigan at least 7 months out of the year! My favorite detail is the cute little bird, who I imagine is just singing away, bringing its own sunshine to the world. Love the sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Unknown said...

I do enjoy your sense of humor... This is a perfect wintry card for this mix of stamp images. My favorite detail is the cardinal, and, ok, the sentiment. So glad you played along with Retro Rubber this week. We always look forward to your entries in the gallery!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love that Cardinal, perched in this leafless tree, this little birds sing every day, no matter what the weather is. The sentiment is just perfect for this card.
This stamp set is very versatile, you can use it for all 4 seasons.
I went to see you "dud" LOL!! and it's not at all a "dud", that dino made me smile, he looks a bit angry because I think he lost his balloon and he knows he can't catch it.
Thank you for playing along with our Retro Rubber challenge, I hope you continue to share your cards in the gallery.

Kim S said...

LOVE your seasons. This is a perfect stamp to use on the big panel of this sketch (I wish I would have thought of it!) I totally agree with your sentiment on a wintery card! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

creative lady said...

Great wintery scene card! Love the cardinal and the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

Cindy Hall said...

Love the sentiment and the way the scene coordinates with the sentiment and font. Really great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jane Knudsen said...

Adorable! I love your winter scene! The pop of red of the cardinal reminds me of my favorite aunt - she loved cardinals, combined with the sentiment = perfection! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

Christine Traversa said...

What a fun card! Love the colors and design! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!

Neva Cole said...

Very fun card, like the snowflakes versus leaves for this theme! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time around, come again soon!