Monday, February 22, 2016

Maleficent

I am SO EXCITED about today's scrapbook layout, y'all.  I think I'm in love with it.  No, wait:  I'm definitely in love with it.  Take a look:


AAAAAHHHHHH so awesome!  I love Maleficent.  She will forever be the coolest Disney villain ever, don't bother trying to argue the point.  These pictures are from Disneyland Paris; underneath Sleeping Beauty's castle we found "La Taniere du Dragon" and inside was Maleficent in dragon form.  Bonus points:  now I know how to say "lair" and "dragon" in French.  Even if "dragon" is just "dragon" with a French accent, now I KNOW.  The rest of the pictures are from a series of stained-glass windows and tapestries of scenes from the movie and I kinda sorta want alllll of them in my house, they were gorgeous.


I decided to go all-out purple on this one with Concord Crush and Lovely Lilac, and I looooove it.  For the rose accents, I used a sponge and kinda smooshed some Rose Red ink on thick Whisper White cardstock, then stamped the rose over it and that turned out even better than I thought it would.  The title is a sticker I found in my stash, and of course it's Disney so the font matches the picture of the sign for Maleficent's lair.  Perfect.


Today's color palette:  Concord Crush, Lovely Lilac, Rose Red, Gumball Green, Hello Honey, and Whisper White.  I had more pictures from Disneyland Paris to scrap so I used these same colors over again, but you'll see that one later :)

Cheers, y'all!  Have a fabulous day!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Wing It
Ink:  Concord Crush marker, Rose Red, Hello Honey
Paper:  Concord Crush, Lovely Lilac, Gumball Green, Thick Whisper White, Concord Crush & Lovely Lilac DSP
Accessories:  Curly Label & Decorative Label punches, Disney sticker

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

I just watched this movie this weekend!!! Yes, it is VERY good. LOVE the villians.

Hey, you will have to pick me up a set of 60th anniversary ears when you go to Disneyland -- to go with my 50th anniversary ears. My 50th are gold and these new ones are silver. LOVE IT!!!

Tanya said...

This is beautiful! Sleeping Beauty has always been my favorite princess movie and you captured Maleficent well! :)