Monday, March 14, 2016

Nottingham

Let's just get one thing out of the way already.


I would seriously think about voting for a presidential candidate that promised to do away with Daylight Savings Time.  Srsly.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, we can get on to today's Scrappy Monday layout.


You can see the original pictures here and here.  Nice and springy layout for today, right?


So you don't have to crane your head to read the title.


So originally I wanted to put the bee on the left page, over near the title where the three blue flowers are now but the bee is FACING THE WRONG WAY.  Geez, bee.  So this was Plan B (or Plan Bee, if you prefer).  And now you can read the journaling too.


Today's color palette was inspired by the ginormous hydrangea bushes in the pictures:  Orchid Opulence, Ballet Blue, Strawberry Slush, Basic Gray, and Whisper White.  I think I did another scrapbook layout right after this one that I also used Strawberry Slush for.  I think I kinda go in spurts with some colors, and right this minute I'm doing a lot of yellow.  But since I am at 43 pages completed for this year, and I'm usually only sharing two pages every Monday, there's quite a backlog of draft posts so who knows when you'll see all the yellow scrapbook pages :D

Happy stampin' and scrappin', y'all.  I'm going to keep on keepin' on...after I go to the gym.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lovely Letters Alphabet, Bloomin' Beautiful, Greenhouse Garden
Ink:  Ballet Blue, Basic Gray
Paper:  Orchid Opulence, Ballet Blue, Whisper White, Strawberry Slush DSP
Accessories:  None, unless you count a Stamp-a-ma-jig

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Those hydrangeas must really LOVE that climate!!! I've never been able to grow them in Texas. I think it is way too hot. Mom's outside her kitchen window in California were nice, but Joni's in Northern California were even nicer. LOVE these plants. They are beautiful. Remind you of your wedding, doesn't it?!!!